About The Chairman 2009/10
The role of the Chairman also includes:
• Chairing meetings of the Council
• Acting as official host to visitors of the District
• To represent the District at civic and ceremonial events
• To promote public involvement in the Council’s activities
The Chairman for 2009/10 is Councillor A L Dyke
The Chairman is the first citizen throughout the District and takes precedence over all others, except if Royalty, the Lord Lieutenant or the High Sheriff is present.
Whenever a representative of the District Council is required to officiate at a public function, it is appropriate for the Chairman to be invited. In his/her absence, the Vice-Chairman of the Council can attend.
The Chairman of the District Council takes precedence over the Town Mayors and Parish Council Chairman.
If the event is organised by or on behalf of the District Council, or is hosted by them, the Chairman takes precedence over all other guests.
The Local Government Act 1972 provides that the Chairman ‘shall have precedence in the District’. Accordingly the place to be reserved for the Chairman should be on the immediate right of the Chairman or person presiding at the function. The Chairman and consort should be met on arrival by the Chairman or person presiding at the function.
It is of considerable help to the Chairman if the function questionnaire we send out can be sent back to our offices at the earliest convenient date.
If you require any additional information, or if any group or organisation would like the Chairman to attend their event, please contact the Chairman’s Office by post, telephone, fax or email
• Contact: Support Services, Civic Centre, Queen Elizabeth Drive, Pershore, WR10 1PT
• Telephone: 01386 565201 / 565420
• Email: email@example.com. or firstname.lastname@example.org
uk• Fax: 01386 561091